This course teaches methods for generating photorealistic images of virtual scenes. To achieve this the light propagation within the scene has to be simulated using global illumination.
- Introduction to Raytracing
- Basic algorithm, extensions, data structures
- Light transport and global illumination
- Rendering equation, global light transport
- Sampling, Monte-Carlo Integration
- Path-Tracing, Particle Tracing
- light transport revisited
- creating the equation systems / Form Factors
- General aspects
- Finite element methods
- plenoptic function / image-based rendering
Information Engineering students, bachelor in-depth lectures or master program
Basics on computer graphics, programming skills (C++)
oral (20min) or written (60min) examination, depending on number of students
First date: tba
Second date: tba
Registration via ZEuS or on list or via email Ms Baiker (Z 710).
Successful participation yields 6 ECTS
Login to view the lecture material.