For appointments and rooms of lecture please consult the ZEuS of the Universität Konstanz.
This course teaches methods for generating photorealistic images of virtual scenes. To achieve this the light propagation within the scene has to be simulated using global illumination.
- Introduction to Raytracing
- Basic algorithm, extensions, data structures
- Light transport and global illumination
- Rendering equation, global light transport
- Sampling, Monte-Carlo Integration
- Path-Tracing, Particle Tracing
- light transport revisited
- creating the equation systems / Form Factors
- General aspects
- Finite element methods
- plenoptic function / image-based rendering
Information Engineering students, bachelor in-depth lectures or master program
Basics on computer graphics, programming skills (C++)
oral (20min) or written (60min) examination, depending on number of students
First date: tba
Second date: tba
Registration via ZEuS or on list or via email Ms Baiker (Z 710).
Successful participation yields 6 ECTS
Login to view the lecture material.