Important course Information
Combined Lecture and Exercise: Room ZT702, Thursdays 08:30 - 11:30
First Lecture and exercise: 13.04.23
Course materials at the bottom of this page visible AFTER LOGIN.
Students of Information Engineering in the Bachelor's in-depth study or in the Master's program.
Previous knowledge of Java, Attendance of the lecture "Computer Gtaphics" or a comparable lecture. Mathematical foundations. Registration in ZEuS.
- 2D-Methods for the production of non-photorealistic Computer Graphics (Dithering, Halftoning, artistic screening, Stipping)
- Manipulation of 2.5-dimensional Data (Images with depth), edge enhancement, depth differences, Unsharp Masking
- Non-photorealistic rendering of 3D Geometry data (Computation of geometric Features, Minima and Maxima of derivations and curvatures, finding silhouettes, numerical problemes)
IMPORTANT: please install Processing (Version 4.2 or higher) before the first lecture.
All exercises must be shown to the supervisors in the exercise to be admitted to the exam.
20 minutes oral exam covering the course content (Room ZT809)
Grade: The grade is determined by the outcome of the exam
First exam date: TBD
Second exam date: TBD
Registration in Zeus, A list with available timeslots will be made available in the office of Magdalena Lipska (Link) towards the end of the semester.
With successful participation 6 ECTS can be acquired.
- Pierre Bénard, Aaron Hertzmann: Line Drawings from 3D Models
- Thomas Strothotte, Stefan Schlechtweg: Non-Photorealistic Computer Graphics Morgan Kaufmann
- Gooch & Gooch: Non-Photorealistic Rendering